Thursday, November 20, 2008

WHAT JUBILEE VILLAGE PROJECT MEANS TO THE VILLAGE OF KAGER

I want to share two testimonies I received today from our friends in Kager Village. One testimony is from Bishop Christopher who founded the Kager Church and is the spiritual leader of 20 churches in the denomination that he serves and leads. The other is from Pastor David Kayando, who is our Jubilee Village Project Lead Champion and serves as an Evangelist and is the Administrator for the Kager Mission Dispensary (Pastor David is in the top left, Bishop Christopher is at the bottom)

It is my hope and prayer that God will continue to bring us more and more people who want to bring God’s love and sustainable transformation to this village through holistic solutions and people-to-people partnerships. I know there are lots of needs around the world, but I think the “one village at a time” focus of the Jubilee Village Project offers people a real and tangible way to see how God can work through His people to impact an entire community.


FROM BISHOP CHRISTOPHER KAYANDO


Our Village Kager has come along way. I am now 60 years old, and the greater part of my life has been spent in Kager Village. It is in Kager where I was born and brought up.

As a young man from a very poor family and poor village I had to drop school at a very early stage, since my parents could not afford school costs at that time and also there were so many of us in the family with very meager income. I left home as a teenage boy to go and look for employment in town.

In 1965, I met the Lord as my Saviour and came back home to share my testimony, which received a very strong opposition. After sometime, the Lord’s calling came to me to become a full-time preacher.

I was able to plant the Kager Church (Kager Vision Centre or KVC), which has now been a place of spiritual transformation for the village. The church has weathered very strong winds of opposition and hatred, but today everyone in the village has been touched by God’s word preached at KVC.

However, I must say our community has had a major set-back in its development, and POVERTY is the major cause. With the Jubilee Village Project coming in at such a time as this, I know God is answering the prayers of many saints, who have died without seeing this in their lifetime but would have wished to.

Looking at the structure and mission of the Jubilee Village Project, I see this as a solution to the long-time needs of Kager Village.

In summary, I see the Jubilee Village Project bringing life after death for Kager Village.

May God bless the Jubilee Village Project and make their mission and commitment to Kager Village a reality.


Bishop Christopher Kayando
November 19, 2008



FROM DAVID KAYANDO, JUBILEE VILLAGE LEAD CHAMPION


It is with a humble spirit and contrite heart that I am able to share with you what the Jubilee Village Project means to Kager Village.

I have been living in Kager since my childhood, and over the years I have known what life is for people in Kager Village. Being brought up in a Christian family and nurtured in Christian Faith and Values, I have so much been inspired by the life of Jesus to the poor, the sick and those in need. As I grow up to adulthood, the heart of sympathy, care and love has gripped my heart and made me captive.

The Christian Faith I was brought up with, so much influenced what I am and doing today. I entered into full time Ministry as a preacher immediately after my ‘O’ level education, and whenever I have worked, I have known one major and dominant challenge to our work and the village, POVERTY.

God in his kindness and goodness has been with the village of Kager for many years. The message of salvation has transformed the hearts of many people and I am certain that this has been an oasis of hope for this village.

Even though poverty has continued to suppress and have a firm hold over this village, the hope that comes by having faith in God’s word has sustained Kager.

As a child of God, and now God’s servant, I have always encouraged the village in having trust in God to provide, but inside my heart, I have always shed tears of pain when I see children grow up knowing nothing about good health, good nutrition, clean water, shelter, clothing, poor education and completely having no hope.

Another point that has pricked my heart is the spirit of selfishness that I have seen in our local governors who have an access to bring help but have marginalized Kager, and also people who are in position to bring back hope to the community but have become selfish.

My prayer for several years now, is that God would bring hope to Kager Village through the Church and use ordinary people to bring meaningful transformation to the village.

My connection with Ned Campbell and hence with the Jubilee Village Project is absolutely divine. I have not doubt that JVP is my answered prayer for my Village Kager and eventually an answered prayer to the cries of little children who have cried for food when they are hungry and cannot get it and the children who have cried for health when they are sick. JVP is a solution to the women who have borne the family burdens of bringing water on their backs for long distances, fetch firewood for family energy.

JVP is a solution to the Kager men to inspire and motivate them to work so that they are able to provide for their families, so that they will no longer face the upsurge of their own sons becoming juvenile and indulging in bad practices and blaming them for not being able to educate them and provide for them.

Jubilee Village Project is a solution and an empowerment tool to the churches in Kager Village to let them know that they have a responsibility and a mission to fulfill, not only in providing spiritual food, but also by showing love, and being able to practically reach out to the Villagers.

JVP is a solution to the local authority whom I know will as well be inspired and know the love and care of Christ. Many people in Kager Village have responded so positively with the mission of JVP. They are seeing JVP as an oasis of hope to fight poverty in their village.

One inspiring thing about JVP is its open and selfless leaders, who are ready to face the enormous challenges (THE GOLIATHS) of our village with no resource at hand but trusting in God. During the visit of partners from Indianapolis by Ned Campbell, John Cory and Craig Hanson, they made the vision clear, and had no difficulty in presenting their mission, and this was like a writing on the wall that better things are on the way for Kager Village, when they hope and trust in God.

My special appeal to everyone who reads this essay, is that God has put you in that place where you are to bring a difference to the Villagers of Kager.

The best way to do this, is to support the work of JVP by giving financial donation and become apart of the movement which has a strong current of the River flowing with the message of holistic Transformation to Kager Village.

May God give strength to your hands and joy to your heart to become an Ambassador of Kager Village through the Jubilee Village Project. With your love, prayers and donations to JVP, the children born in this era of JVP in Kager Village will have a testimony of God’s love and care to them. And the story will be re-told for the generations to come.

“Greater Love has no man than this that a man lays down his life for his friends”

God’s blessings

David Kayando
Evangelist and Kager Mission Dispensary Administrator
November 19, 2008

No comments: